Welcome to my Blog.

Welcome to my blog. I live in Sydney and love living on the water but I like to be part of the Global Shopping Experience. My other favourite cities are New York, Paris, Rome,Tokyo & London and I would love to travel more around the World. I like to surround myself with dynamic and energetic people and luxurious things: Pink Champagne Afternoon Tea with Royal Albert Lady Carlyle; Wedgwood and Royal Doulton enhanced by Pale Pink and White Peonies; Yves Delormes Linen; Enjoy Lighting and Glasshouse Perfumed Candles; Crystal cut lamps and a great selection of music. Well cut designer suits, dresses and coats; White Gold Jewellery; Designer SHOES and handbags as well as hats; scarves; gloves; sunglasses; fun Mimco Jewellery accessories and Holster Bling flats are included in my organised pinklily wardrobe. My life must include going to the Theatre; Dancing and Fine Dining. I like to spend time Listening to Music especially Jazz by Diana Krall; Reading my favourite Fashion Magazines, Vogue, Harpers Bazaar and Vanity Fair with a cup of cappuccino at my side; Swimming in the pool; or experiencing Sydney Cafe Life and amazing Restaurants. Must mention how I enjoy spending time with my iMac; being part of a wide world of social media; My Blog; Twitter; Pinterest; Facebook; & chatting on my iPhone. I love challenges, new experiences, expanding my world and learning about great new ideas in design and style. Time spent with creative, people is interesting and exciting. I thrive on discovering new knowledge and enjoy researching and sharing new up to date ideas and media stories in Luxury Living; Style; Design; Fashion; Beauty; Entertainment and Travel . I will be blogging about living a life of luxury and I need to be organised to do all of this. Hope you join me in this journey. Enjoy GJB

Thursday 8 December 2011

Take a Chance on Retail Shopping?

Retail Therapy or Online Success
Today, Sydney weather was looking more like London in a fog in the midst of winter but Peter Alexander was scheduled to be in the Pitt Street store at 1pm for a special event. The highlight was meeting Peter and the store was buzzing. With customers queuing around the store, the assistants were handing out bottles of water. I had checked the catalogue online and I knew what was on my list, a pink diamonte pair of cute bedroom slippers and a Rockin Robin Pink Chiffon Nightie. The gift boxes are gorgeous. The dream did not become a reality. The wait was going to be about 45 minutes and I gave up. The upside is that the same promotion is online just for today. 15% off for Thursday 8/12 online. You can have it delivered to work or home. Check out the website and join up for specials delivered to your email. There's a secret sale online with limited stock and 40% off.                                                               


Here's the link to the pdf of the current catalogue and you'll receive regular catalogues as a member.











One lovely aspect about the Peter Alexander stores is that they are colourful and it is a girly experience. Peter Alexander has the Glasshouse candle range which I wrote about in my last blog and they burn these beautifully fragranced candles in the store. This fragrance is DIVINE. 
That's three gifts and more options in the catalogue online. There are gifts for the man in your life.


All was not lost and I headed for The Victoria Tea Room in Westfield Pitt Street Mall. Get into the festive spirit and stop by The Victoria Room Tea Salon for a Christmas Scone. Made with cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, chopped dates, orange zest and a dash of brandy, it's a scrumptious Chrissy treat best enjoyed with a cup of tea. Dine in - $6.50  
Festive Scone & Champagne Package  To celebrate the Christmas and New Year period The Victoria Room Tea Salon is treating shoppers to a Cheddar & Thyme Scone topped with Atlantic Salmon, Crème Fraiche and Dill, along with a glass of Moet & Chandon Brut Imperial Rose for the special price of $29. This offer is valid until 15th January 2012. 





The only way to conclude my quick trip in retail land was to go and see the Hello Kitty Christmas Decorations and the 2011 crystal decoration in the Swarovski store in the new Westfield .  The stars can be purchased  on a white ribbon for the tree or as an ornament on the stylish stand for an extra cost. Every year I buy a special Christmas decoration for the tree and this year I like the red Santa's Stocking.



A light-hearted symbol of the Christmas season is the Siam crystal Santa's Stocking. It has an upper edge and two dangling pompoms in Crystal Fabric. A pair of Crystal Moonlight stars are inserted on top as the ornament hangs from a white ribbon.
                                                                             


The Hello Kitty ornaments are also cute and gorgeous. I know that this is on the list of girls of all ages. I love the Pink one but the Red is very festive. Which one is your favourite?



I thought that for all the Hello Kitty fans, you might enjoy this fun clip ONLINE of course.



This is Harrods Crystal Christmas 2011. Hopefully, Sydney will open a Harrods store soon.

Louis Vuitton opened in Sydney last Friday and the windows are spectacular. Not in a Christmas theme, but with a rich padded red backdrop. The tourists are flocking to George Street to see the handbag stylised Kangaroo. That's one reason to go into the city to window shop. 
           


Think I'll stay with online shopping. Hope you get all your list completed. 17 Days to Christmas.
Enjoy! GJB

No comments:

Post a Comment