Welcome to my Blog.

Welcome to my blog. I live in Sydney and love living on the water but I like to be part of the Global Shopping Experience. My other favourite cities are New York, Paris, Rome,Tokyo & London and I would love to travel more around the World. I like to surround myself with dynamic and energetic people and luxurious things: Pink Champagne Afternoon Tea with Royal Albert Lady Carlyle; Wedgwood and Royal Doulton enhanced by Pale Pink and White Peonies; Yves Delormes Linen; Enjoy Lighting and Glasshouse Perfumed Candles; Crystal cut lamps and a great selection of music. Well cut designer suits, dresses and coats; White Gold Jewellery; Designer SHOES and handbags as well as hats; scarves; gloves; sunglasses; fun Mimco Jewellery accessories and Holster Bling flats are included in my organised pinklily wardrobe. My life must include going to the Theatre; Dancing and Fine Dining. I like to spend time Listening to Music especially Jazz by Diana Krall; Reading my favourite Fashion Magazines, Vogue, Harpers Bazaar and Vanity Fair with a cup of cappuccino at my side; Swimming in the pool; or experiencing Sydney Cafe Life and amazing Restaurants. Must mention how I enjoy spending time with my iMac; being part of a wide world of social media; My Blog; Twitter; Pinterest; Facebook; & chatting on my iPhone. I love challenges, new experiences, expanding my world and learning about great new ideas in design and style. Time spent with creative, people is interesting and exciting. I thrive on discovering new knowledge and enjoy researching and sharing new up to date ideas and media stories in Luxury Living; Style; Design; Fashion; Beauty; Entertainment and Travel . I will be blogging about living a life of luxury and I need to be organised to do all of this. Hope you join me in this journey. Enjoy GJB

Sunday 13 November 2011

Acronym City - Thoughts, Ideas, ACTION



Acronym City - Thoughts, Ideas, ACTION

This is a plan to get yourself feeling more confident about yourself and establishing your own style.
Steps to your New Personal Style - Step 1 First Purchase
Acronyms can be fun, but also useful. All girls can remember the 4 important C's when choosing a diamond, C for Carat, Color, Clarity and Cut but when it comes to a wardrobe we are Cautious. Where do we start? "C" equals CHANGE.
The "C" process. When designing a Capsule wardrobe (as Gok would say), I like to Consider, Compose, Create, Collect and Coordinate.                                                                                                                            
CONSIDER
Take some personal time out to think about what you need or desire. Do you need a new outfit for a special event? Do you need to revamp your wardrobe? Update? or completely start again?                                                                                                                                              


COMPOSE 
Go window shopping, look through magazines or online at some of the top magazine and shopping sites. Vogue, Marie Claire, Harper's Bazaar, InStyle, Saks 

Neiman Marcus, Harrods, David Jones.


CREATE  
Put together your ideas of what you like and what you could add to later. Colour and Cut are important and individual to your style and personality. Lists might work for you or even a Collage of images BUT before you go shopping you need to have created a starting point and an idea of your own individual style. Who am I? 



COLLECT 
This will take time and you may need to allocate quite a bit of personal time to achieve this. You deserve this time for yourself. Of course you could ask friends to go with you but remember that it is about your style not theirs.


CHOICES
Think about a few things before you go into the endless void of the shopping world.
What do I want to spend?
Where do I want to look? Boutiques or department stores? Designer? High Street?
Do you start with a dress which is on every girl's list this season?
Which designers do I like?
What color suits me? What color is in fashion?
Do I want to follow fashion and go for block color?
What accessories do I have in my wardrobe?
What is my lifestyle? When will I wear this?
Business? Day? or after five? Short or maxi?
Classical or Contemporary?


If all is not working quite to plan, Call a friend and meet for afternoon tea. If you are in Sydney, the Victoria Room has opened up recently in the new Westfield Centre and I can recommend the tea stand. The Westin Sydney has an Around The World afternoon tea in the Lobby Bar. Always a delightful treat.
Research where the best places are in your city.
After some refreshments maybe you have energy for another look or you can pick up some Lush bath products and Consolidate your ideas at home as you luxuriate in a bubble bath, surrounded by gorgeous Glasshouse perfumed candles available from Peter Alexander. Check out the catalogue for some gorgeous sleepwear. Tomorrow is another day and you can hit the shops again with the same plan. ...........


NEXT..........Dress purchased. Hope you made a good purchase. 


If you haven't made a decision yet, read my next blog on how to see what you have and cull what you don't need or haven't worn in the last six months. This could help you with your next important purchase and save you money.


COORDINATE
What do I have already which will help me to coordinate my outfit?

  • Jewellery? Do I need to lift the dress with my accessories or just Complement the outfit?
  • Shoes? Am I over the "matchy matchy" look? Can I pop some Color? Heel Height? Style?
  • Handbag? Day or evening? Tote or clutch? Wrist purse? What will I really need to carry?
  • Perfume? Subtle? Oriental? Who am I? What suits me? What do I like?
  • What do I need to buy that I could coordinate with more than this outfit?
You might like to check out Mimco for some ideas on accessories and if you haven't already become a Mimcollective member and enjoy the benefits.
Decisions are important to you as an individual if you are going to create a style. 
Take Charge of your own style.

There is a final step before you go shopping the next time.
Yes, it's .....

CULL
Check out your wardrobe and make some hard decisions.
Ask yourself these questions.
  • Do I wear this? .........   No
  • When was the last time I wore this?  ....... over 6 months ago
  • Do I feel good when I wear this?......... No
  • Does this represent me and my style?.......No
  • Why did I buy this?.... 3 years ago
  • Can I give this away?.....Yes and someone else may love it.
Culling your wardrobe will leave space for new items which you will wear and be useful parts of your new capsule wardrobe that you will enjoy wearing.

........Next

In my next blog, I will give you some good ideas on how to organise your wardrobe so that you can see everything you have and keep it all in great condition.

GJB215

No comments:

Post a Comment