Welcome to my Blog.

Welcome to my blog. I live in Sydney and love living on the water but I like to be part of the Global Shopping Experience. My other favourite cities are New York, Paris, Rome,Tokyo & London and I would love to travel more around the World. I like to surround myself with dynamic and energetic people and luxurious things: Pink Champagne Afternoon Tea with Royal Albert Lady Carlyle; Wedgwood and Royal Doulton enhanced by Pale Pink and White Peonies; Yves Delormes Linen; Enjoy Lighting and Glasshouse Perfumed Candles; Crystal cut lamps and a great selection of music. Well cut designer suits, dresses and coats; White Gold Jewellery; Designer SHOES and handbags as well as hats; scarves; gloves; sunglasses; fun Mimco Jewellery accessories and Holster Bling flats are included in my organised pinklily wardrobe. My life must include going to the Theatre; Dancing and Fine Dining. I like to spend time Listening to Music especially Jazz by Diana Krall; Reading my favourite Fashion Magazines, Vogue, Harpers Bazaar and Vanity Fair with a cup of cappuccino at my side; Swimming in the pool; or experiencing Sydney Cafe Life and amazing Restaurants. Must mention how I enjoy spending time with my iMac; being part of a wide world of social media; My Blog; Twitter; Pinterest; Facebook; & chatting on my iPhone. I love challenges, new experiences, expanding my world and learning about great new ideas in design and style. Time spent with creative, people is interesting and exciting. I thrive on discovering new knowledge and enjoy researching and sharing new up to date ideas and media stories in Luxury Living; Style; Design; Fashion; Beauty; Entertainment and Travel . I will be blogging about living a life of luxury and I need to be organised to do all of this. Hope you join me in this journey. Enjoy GJB

Saturday 21 April 2012

Luxurious Lace Looks


I LOVE BEING A GIRL! Traditionally we think of Lace in a Wedding Gown or Lace Tableware and words such as Luscious, Lovely, Luxurious, Beautiful, Elegant, Feminine, Vintage, all come to mind. In 2012 Lace has become part of a woman's everyday wardrobe. Dresses showcase lace for day or evening or you can add a lace top to a pair of shorts which are very ON TREND. In accessories shoes can feature lace inserts and bags are also featuring lace. Wedding gown designs will always include lace, but now lace is being worn as a headpiece and the vintage lace glove has reappeared. I am delighted that lace has broken its boundaries in colour as well. Yes, we went from white to cream to coffee lace but now it's red & orange and all colours of the rainbow. Teamed with perforated fabrics and sheer fabrics, lace has hit the top of the fashion Trends in 2012. The world of lace is your oyster of discovery. It still looks DIVINE in any scenario. In design, you need to know the rules, but you also need to know when you can break them and Lace is pushing those creative design boundaries in FABULOUS designs.                                                              
The entire outfit can be lace or it can be used a s an overlay or just incorporated as a lace panel or just by accenting the dress with an element of lace.
The manufacture of lace dates back to fourteenth-century France, where it was used exclusively by clergy of the Catholic church. Lace then became fashionable, and lace-making spread throughout eastern and western Europe in the sixteenth century. Lace is made either by hand or machine, and is differentiated by the way the stitches are connected. My favourites are Chantilly Lace and Guipure Lace. The designers have presented 
a myriad of types of lace this year in their Runway Fashion and Ready to Wear designs. 

Monique Lhuillier | Spring 2013 Wedding Dresses feature all Lace or a lace bodice with a tulle skirt

Beautiful Lace overlay on this full skirt 
Lace Bridal accessories include Lace options other than a veil, Lace gloves and Lace design Jewellery.


Lace is the New Black
Staying with the formal Evening Look. This is GORGEOUS!  Combined with the perforated and sheer Trends. The Organza bow accent adds a flirtatious element to the elegance of Black Lace.
Australian Designer, Collette Dinnigan, has combined lace & sheer fabric in this divine design.
This is what I selected for Monday. We've got a cocktail function straight after work. I needed something that I could wear in the office and change up with a sparkly clutch or pop with some colour for cocktails. Going with the Black Lace number.
Special Occasion Dinner after a day out shopping and I've chosen an Oscar De La Renta ON TREND Black & White dress.

Staying with the BLACK sheer lace, Alexander McQueen featured Black sheer lace in the top of this dress whereas the perforated metallic fabric features a lace pattern over a pale pink fabric. Dolce & Gabbana's outfit will take you from day to night with the on trend white sheer lace shirt. Divine! 
The black Lace Dolce Gabbana top can be worn at any time of the day with white shorts, a white pleated skirt or black evening pants. This piece as well as the cute Emilio Pucci Lace shorts will give you the versatility you want with all of your wardrobe for 2012-2013. The black Lace Dolce Gabbana top can be worn at any time of the day with white shorts, a white pleated skirt or black evening pants. This piece as well as the cute Emilio Pucci Lace shorts will give you the versatility you want with all of your wardrobe for 2012-2013.
Lace in Colour is uplifting & FUN! Miu Miu have introduced this bright orange floral lace A -Line dress over a nude underlay and Issa has combined silk-satin and lace in this vibrant shade of blue. Alice Temperley added a cute Surya lace Playsuit as a cute option in pale pink and Victoria's Secret Purple Lace cover up is great for a day at the beach.


After a swim and shorts seems to be the trend or maybe denim shorts and a white lace top. Both are very girly and gorgeous.
Accessories have not been forgotten, shoes, bags, scarves, and jewellery.
Valentino added lace to all of these gorgeous accessories: shoes with a matching tote, this soft white scarf highlighted with fine gold filigree lace and this very much in Vogue lace cuff.
There's still  Afternoon Tea with the girls on Sunday and we've decided to have a All White Lace theme.
They all looked fabulous. ON TREND All White slightly sheer Lace suits
with White Shantung Coats. Pearls and up styles and Chanel No. 5 of course.
This was my favourite. Absolutely Fabulous Darling!
I'm just a girl who always wants to have Lace in my life. I love white lace, black lace, coloured lace for day or for night, for work or for leisure or for going out to lunch, afternoon tea or dinner or for getting married. I LOVE THE LOOK AND THE FEEL OF LACE.   Enjoy GJB! 

2 comments:

  1. The dress is really fabulous and stunning. And it's affordable. The design and color pattern of the dress is so stylish and gorgeous. I love white lace, black lace, colored lace like this one. I prefer non iron dress for my all time fashion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great info! I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don’t know what to say except that I have.
    Scarves UK

    ReplyDelete